We are looking for a dedicated Content Writer to create content for blogs, articles, social media, and the organization's website. The Content Writer's responsibilities include evaluating analytics to adjust content as needed, regularly updating the organization's handbook, and promoting Bit Project's blog by pitching articles to various third-party platforms. You should also be able to follow editorial guidelines when creating content.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent content writing and communication skills
- Preferred major in writing or communication
- Ability to conduct research about STEM and education
- Ability to persuasively advocate for organization’s mission
- 3-4 hours/week
- Conducting in-depth research on STEM-related topics in order to develop original content.
- Conducting keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the organization website.
- Developing content for blogs, articles, handbook, social media, and the organization's website.
- Assisting the marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns.
- Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies.
- Editing and polishing existing content to improve readability.
- Interview students, faculty, teachers, and parents about experiences
- Conduct surveys and measure audience feedback
The design and marketing team serve as the face of our organization and work together to define our brand, promote our mission, and increase outreach to volunteers, sponsors, and schools. They build quality publicity content, manage our media, and identify and target audiences to expand our outreach.