As a Management Consultants, you will be a champion in promoting a high-performing culture and guiding managers when team members performance declines or there are conduct and conflict challenges that are preventing teams from having maximum impact. You will work with "clients" such as team departments in Bit Project to develop actionable strategies and solutions to achieve specific operational outcomes. You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of "client" engagement. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. We need a problem solver and trusted partner to help navigate these organization relations situations. You will also be involved in contributing to projects to streamline our processes and improve member's experiences. With every interaction, the Management Consultants are helping members navigate through their Bit Project journey. Come and be part of the team who is crafting those experiences!
- 8-10 hours a week, at least a 10 week commitment
- Learn about the department and organization’s challenges to understand their needs; gather feedback and collect data from members
- Outline the scope of the work and identify and map out schedules, milestones, and required resources to meet the project objectives
- Determine and communicate the results that will be delivered to the department or organization upon project completion
- Conduct any required training classes for members at a variety of levels
- Work tactfully to inspire faster adoption, greater utilization, and higher proficiency by members regarding new ways of operating as a result of the consulting project outcomes
- Provide counsel and advise managers to effectively address member's performance gaps and to take the appropriate steps to drive to successful outcomes, whenever possible.
- Coach members and managers on sensitive work-related issues related but not limited to behavioral concerns and conflict resolution; execute necessary course of action between managers and members to drive positive outcomes.
- Conduct Group Meetings
We’re looking for integrity, maturity, initiative, intuition, creativity and a strong background in problem solving and analytical skills. Successful candidates will combine intellectual curiosity and self-confidence with entrepreneurship and a desire to contribute fully to shaping the organization's future.
- Self-motivation and self-discipline: must be self-motivated to complete work in a timely manner with minimal oversight
- Analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills: Consultants need to be able to absorb a great deal of information about the client’s business, analyze the data and make clear and useful recommendations.
- Listening, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills: Consultants need to interact with many of the client’s employees at various levels of the organization and must be able to do so with diplomacy and effective communication skills.
- Strong writing skills including the ability to synthesize information into clear, concise messages both for detailed analytical reports and executive summaries.
- Experience in building complex business cases and gathering measurable benefits.
- Previous experience in consulting is preferred